At Will Rogers Rotary we continue over 50 years of tradition by providing worthwhile help to our community. Below are some current community involvement by our club.
1. Dictionary Project – All 150+ 3rd graders at Kendall Wittier Elementary will receive a dictionary customized with their name on it.
2. Will Rogers High School – scholarships for college bound seniors, student/staff of the month.
3. Medical Supply Network. Our club regularly volunteers at MSN to package donated medical supplies for travel to needed area’s around the world. They deliver to 38 different countries. Donations are sent to where the greatest need it, example: Donated hospital beds are currently sent to the Philippines and dental chairs are sent to almost all 38 countries. Donations come from healthcare facilities and providers within our 6110 district..
4. Each year we evaluate applications for our Will Rogers Foundation to award Grant funds to non-profit organizations that help our Tulsa Community. In the past, Resonance Center for Women, Crossroads Clubhouse and Green Country Camp Fire have been recipients.
5. Our club sponsors Jr. Achievement and BIZ TOWN with funds to keep this wonderful experience for elementary school children.
6. Our members give thousands to Rotary International to support the eradication of Polio, clean water wells, and other international projects through being a Paul Harris Fellow. Our current members have given thousands in Paul Harris Fellow donations. Past donations are in excess of $150,000. Our club supports the incoming President with a paid trip to the Rotary International Convention. Past locations have been Portugal, Australia, & Bangkok. We feel it is important that new Presidents gain the knowledge and education of how to best impact their local community through Rotary.