At Will Rogers Rotary we continue over 50 years of tradition by providing worthwhile help to our community. Below are some current community involvement by our club.
1. Dictionary Project – All 150+ 3rd graders at Kendall Wittier Elementary will receive a dictionary customized with their name on it. Tulsa World Link: 2015 pictures: http://www.tulsaworld.com/will-rogers-rotary-donates-dictionaries-to-kendall-whittier-third-graders/article_60b78d5d-face-5bf3-8b8e-d6c9acb03727.html
2. Will Rogers High School – scholarships for college bound seniors, student of the month, mentoring for 7th-11th graders, and help with test monitoring.
3. Be Wise Immunize. We donate funds & partner with 5 other Rotary Club to provide free vaccinations to children in the Tulsa and surrounding cities.
4. Medical Supply Network. Our club regularly volunteers at MSN to package donated medical supplies for travel to needed area’s around the world. They deliver to 38 different countries. Donations are sent to where the greatest need it, example: Donated hospital beds are currently sent to the Philippines and dental chairs are sent to almost all 38 countries. Donations come from healthcare facilities and providers within our 6110 district.
5. Downtown Adopt a Spot. We have adopted Turner Park just outside of the Brady District. We regularly clean up trash and support the City of Tulsa Adopt a Spot program.
6. Each year we evaluate applications for our Will Rogers Foundation to award Grant funds to non-profit organizations that help our Tulsa Community. In the past, Resonance Center for Women, Crossroads Clubhouse and Green Country Camp Fire have been recipients.
7. Partnered with Janada Batchelor Foundation to build and completely fund a 40,000 gallon reservoir to help children in Tanzania have clean water. This is a school for neglected and abused girls. They continue today to have had clean water since 2011.
7. Our club sponsors Jr. Achievement and BIZ TOWN with funds to keep this wonderful experience for elementary school children.
8. Our members give thousands to Rotary International to support the eradication of Polio, clean water wells, and other international projects through being a Paul Harris Fellow. Our current members have given thousands in Paul Harris Fellow donations. Past donations are in excess of $150,000. Our club supports the incoming President with a paid trip to the Rotary International Convention. Past locations have been Portugal, Australia, & Bangkok. We feel it is important that new Presidents gain the knowledge and education of how to best impact their local community through Rotary.